SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

I recently purchased a MY1991 2.3 turbo 5 Door Carlsson. It is in amazing condition for a car that has covered the best part of 200,000 miles, with the previous owner having had, amongst other things, the engine and gearbox rebuilt 3 years ago at a cost of more than £4,000! On top of this he also had it resprayed, thankfully in its original black.

It is a little tatty around the edges and I have being buying up various parts on ebay in order to return her to her former glory.

Having trawled through the many threads relating to Aero seats, I am still curious about whether or not the seats from a 9000 Aero will fit in her. Has anyone attempted this, or can anyone at least categorically deny or confirm the feasibility of this?

I look forward to your input!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
The bodyshell did not change from 1985 to 1997, except for the ends of the car.

The doors, door openings and cabin dimensions are identical among all 9000 model years and body styles.

The only possibility might be the seat rail mounting points and the seat belt configuration. I do know that the manual adjust seat cushions are lower in the 86 than in later cars with electric adjustable seats which steal a bit of head room.

I have an 86 and a 97 Aero if you want any measurements made, within reason of course, I'm not taking anything apart. Mine are Canadian spec cars.

Aero front seats are well worth having. The rear seat is only desireable for matching purposes or if you commonly drive like heck with rear seat passengers.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
the aero seats will definatly fit the only thing you need to watch is if you get electric seats from a 95 on aero the wiring is differant other than that you will have no problems fitting them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts