SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Aero (04 plate) for a month and noticed that when I went into a tunnel all the illumination turned itself off including SID etc. When I came out of the tunnel it all came back on. Anyway phoned the dealer who said it could be fixed by reprogramming ECU after he spoke to Saab technical.
Took it to a local dealer today and they called Saab Tech. Apparently post 03 plates can have the SID fixed but there is a known fault for the trip and mileometer that can't currently be fixed.
Apparently the illumination si supposed to dim in tunnels but not switch off completely.
Anyone else noticed this problem. Also does anyone know if Saab Technical post details of fixes anywhere. Otherwise how will we know when the fault gets fixed.:roll:

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
I've never heard of that problem, but the brightness of the three LCD panels (SID, odometer, and ACC) is controlled by a light sensor in the front of the SID. Yours is probably not working right. Try putting your finger over the front of the sensor and see if the LCDs all go off.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Also, in what position do you have the rheostatic/dimmer switch for the dash/SID lights set to? What should be happening is when the light sensor detects the darkness, it is suppose to switch the dash/SID lights on to the dimmer switches light setting, but if you have the dimmer switch set to the low end, those lights could be just barely on, in which the SID appears to be turned off.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Sorry, a little OT. But when I first got the car, and went down a tree lined street, I thought I was having an electrical problem. Because I was going shade, sun, shade, sun, it almost looked as if my lights were flickering.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. Apparently they are supposed to dim but Saab have admitted there is a problem. Just thought others should know.

cheers
J
Jeremy R. said:
I've never heard of that problem, but the brightness of the three LCD panels (SID, odometer, and ACC) is controlled by a light sensor in the front of the SID. Yours is probably not working right. Try putting your finger over the front of the sensor and see if the LCDs all go off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts