SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm up to about 900 miles on my new 9-2x Aero and absolutely love it, though I have one concern (or more of an inquiry.) I've noticed that in 5th gear, at freeway speeds, there's a considerable amount of shifter movement within the gate. If the highway is in poor shape, the shifter "jiggling" is even more dramatic. Is this common with the WRX tranny/engine setup? It may be nothing, but I'm coming from a 2000 Jetta that had a rock solid shifter, as if locked into the gate. Does everyone have this same movement, or is this something I should have the dealer look into?

·
Registered
35 Posts
movement/ jitter

I don't recall shifter "jitter", I only know that shifting is "notchy" to an extream. (if you can get it into reverse the 1st try you're doing great)...Thats why this morning I paid the dealer a visit and had the Sti short shift kit installed. Nothchyness is less and the throws are shorter.

Will report more after I can really spend some time with it.

kutch

·
Registered
79 Posts
kutch said:
I don't recall shifter "jitter", I only know that shifting is "notchy" to an extream. (if you can get it into reverse the 1st try you're doing great)...Thats why this morning I paid the dealer a visit and had the Sti short shift kit installed. Nothchyness is less and the throws are shorter.

Will report more after I can really spend some time with it.

kutch
How much was that kit? I'm debating on whether or not to get a Kartboy Short shift. Here in L.A. I can get it done for $180 installed.

Rudi

·
Registered
35 Posts
thats a good price

I decided to go with the Sti version. Its a complete system not just the stick. From what others have reported its the best SSK you can get.

Funny, they had it in stock for months and no one wanted it, so they gave it to me for $216.00 just to get it out of inventory!

kutch

·
Registered
79 Posts
kutch said:
I decided to go with the Sti version. Its a complete system not just the stick. From what others have reported its the best SSK you can get.

Funny, they had it in stock for months and no one wanted it, so they gave it to me for $216.00 just to get it out of inventory!

kutch

I called the Saab dealer I got my car from, for the Sti shifter with installation it came to $484. Is that too much. The want the regular price of $286 for the shifter and installation is $198.00. They said if I wanted the Sti shift knob it would be an addtional $123.00.

Rudi

·
Registered
35 Posts
rdy4flt said:
I called the Saab dealer I got my car from, for the Sti shifter with installation it came to $484. Is that too much. The want the regular price of $286 for the shifter and installation is $198.00. They said if I wanted the Sti shift knob it would be an addtional $123.00.

Rudi

That seems about right for dealer pricing. I got the SSK for 216 only because someone was helping me out. The service department did not, they had never installed one before. So the quote of $80/one hour labor turned into 2 hours...

kutch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts