SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just done the unthinkable and ordered a non-Aero spoiler for my car. I’ve had it repainted and fixed countless times and really can’t face another £180 repair bill. I’m a very careful driver but some of the fun has been taken out of driving with this very low clearance spoiler. Plus the English roads are not as good as you expect, potholes, speed bumps etc. I will keep the old Aero bumper and maybe have it fixed one day (for best) but for now it’s staying in the garage.

I’d be interested to hear other views.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I did the same thing on my 06. The aero spoiler was way too low to the ground for me, and the arc spoiler never rubbed and looked fine. Not a bad move imo

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 9-3 Aero SportCombi (V6, 6AT)
98 Posts
I'm starting to feel the same way. I love the looks of the Aero spoiler, but it's just not practical at all.

For now, I'm leaving mine on, but I am jealous of you at the same time. You should document the swap with before/after pics.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm starting to feel the same way. I love the looks of the Aero spoiler, but it's just not practical at all.

For now, I'm leaving mine on, but I am jealous of you at the same time. You should document the swap with before/after pics.
Iirc, it goes on exactly the same as the aero lip. Here's a pic of when I had it, hard to see because I didn't paint it. I'm sure it would look good painted.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 9-3 Aero SportCombi (V6, 6AT)
98 Posts
Nice pic. I see what you mean. If you look closely, you can see it on there. I agree that painting would make it good.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
before and after. The arrow spoiler definitely looks better for all the reasons I have mentioned, not the most practical.
026BAF8C-4334-4540-BB94-592190E0CF5B.jpeg
276F0319-7116-401D-A3BE-18EC579EAAE7.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts