SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 LPT 9-5 which has been giving more and more smoke on startup lately. From what I've read, all signs point to those dreaded turbo seals. I think I'm probably a few thousand miles away from my car looking like a 'James Bond Get-Away Scene' where the car will smoke all the time.

Right now it looks like I can buy a TD-04 for fairly cheap. From what I've read, it shouldnt be an issue to swap my gt17 for the td-04, but I won't see much of a differnce in power, thats fine.

However, my mom is about to upgrade her Aero ECU to one of the Stage II's , mainly looking at SQR, to make a long story short, that leaves an Aero ECU for me :cheesy:

She has a 2000 Aero, and I have a 99 9-5 LPT, will I be able to use her ECU in my car if I get it 'introduced' into the system? If so what does that involve? Just a quick program with a TECHII or ISAT?

Also, this is another question, but do you know which additional lines one would need to fit a TD-04 to my car? I think there is additional coolant line that is needed? Car has about 120k on it, seems to be running pretty good, expect for the blue smoke on startup, so, assuming the clutch is good (I think it is) would this be a good upgrade in the cars life?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Guess what I found :eek:

Wessy said:
Hi Eirian

You dont need to change the downpipe, for the turbo upgrade.
The only parts you require are
4 pipes(2 water & " oil) and 2 bajo bolts and washers.
Part nos
10-11066422 x4 washers
10-9136524 x2 banjo bolts
10-9174939 pipe
10-9174947 pipe
10-9179458 pipe
10-9182460 pipe
You are looking at about £100.00 for all the parts new, or if you can find an Aero or Viggen in a breakers, you can use them.
I think thats all.
HTH
And its from this thread: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45583&highlight=pipe

·
Registered
809 Posts
Injectors

Hi,IMO you will need red injectors also-yours are green and can't work with Aero ECU.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the replys so far guys..

So I will need injectors for the Aero ECU swap, good to know thank you. I just thought of something though... my car does not have TCS, my moms Aero does, is that going to work?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Turbo Intake

I don't mean to question Wessy here, But when I spoke to Nick at GS, he said something about getting a larger cobra pipe if making the aero upgrade.

Normally I wouldn't bring it up but mine is also a '99 lpt.

I already have red injectors on my Wagon, but i think they were stock 'cause I didn't put them in. Nick didn't mention them either. But I don't know if it was because he knew I had them (Idon't think I told him that or my VIN) or if they weren't needed...

From what I can tell the new pipes are needed because the orientation of the oil and coolant intake/output is different on the TD-04. Is that correct?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts