SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an indie swap in an aero computer a whie ago and not soon after i started getting the "service theft alarm" message on my SID. I think the cause is that the new dice was never divorced from the previous car and thus the twice had to be programmed with this new vin number. I believe there is a way to divorce the dice from my car and then remarry it with my car's vin instead of the aero's. So herein lies the question - can you marry in an aero part (vin ys3eh) with a non aero (ys3ed) part.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
gto47 said:
I had an indie swap in an aero computer a whie ago and not soon after i started getting the "service theft alarm" message on my SID. I think the cause is that the new dice was never divorced from the previous car and thus the twice had to be programmed with this new vin number. I believe there is a way to divorce the dice from my car and then remarry it with my car's vin instead of the aero's. So herein lies the question - can you marry in an aero part (vin ys3eh) with a non aero (ys3ed) part.
uuhh no. There is no divorce for an ecu, you can buy one form any car even a guy on the street and it can be loaded into your car.

The new ecu is not setup correctly for the immobilizer maybe, but I have never seen a theft alarm problem and have swapped lots of ecus.

Perhaps it is a coincince and your alarm batteries are going now.

Your more urgent problem is that you do not have an aero. The ecu is looking for a higher pressure turbo and acting like it has one, you could be in terrilbly rich or dangerously lean conditions. I am surprised an idie would do that.

Get a TDO4 in there ASAP ( or put your old ECU back in)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get a TDO4 in there ASAP ( or put your old ECU back in)
I did the turbo swap before the computer. See my info at the left:cheesy:

Thanks though, think i'll pick up the batteries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts