SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me source the caliper and caliper brackets front and rear to change the brakes on my NG to 308mm front and 300mm rear? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
36 Posts
brake upgrade

wats up bro...

as far as switching over brakes for your ng... you can simply do what i did... for front brakes you can just buy viggen rotors wether it be oem or aftermarket and the same goes for the caliper and pads... strictly viggen in front.
now as far as rear brakes are concerned you do the same except this time go for 04-05 95aero rotors, pads , and brakes... for best performance i suggest upgrading your brake lines to the goodrich steel braided lines via GS as well as use the ate super blue brake fluid... this is a great set up to stop your SAAB when you need too... personally i suggest dealer pads but if your not trying to spend dealer prices go with the hawk hps pads

sources :
dealer parts @ eeuroparts.com
steel braided lines & calipers @ genuinesaab.com
hawk pads and really nice cross drilled n slotted rotors @ r1concepts.com
blue brake fluid @ auto zone etc

this is the set up i run on my SE as well as my Vig and my stopping power is at the drop of a dime!

anything else feel free to hit me up

·
Registered
36 Posts
brake upgrade

wats up bro...

as far as switching over brakes for your ng... you can simply do what i did... for front brakes you can just buy viggen rotors wether it be oem or aftermarket and the same goes for the caliper and pads... strictly viggen in front.
now as far as rear brakes are concerned you do the same except this time go for 04-05 95aero rotors, pads , and brakes... for best performance i suggest upgrading your brake lines to the goodrich steel braided lines via GS as well as use the ate super blue brake fluid... this is a great set up to stop your SAAB when you need too... personally i suggest dealer pads but if your not trying to spend dealer prices go with the hawk hps pads

sources :
dealer parts @ eeuroparts.com
steel braided lines & calipers @ genuinesaab.com
hawk pads and really nice cross drilled n slotted rotors @ r1concepts.com
blue brake fluid @ auto zone etc

this is the set up i run on my SE as well as my Vig and my stopping power is at the drop of a dime!

anything else feel free to hit me up

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great info!!!! Thanks!!!! Do you know if I need to change backing plates in the rear? Genuine Saab says yes but know one else has suggested this

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts