SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my crank breather pipes have gone all rotten and my dealer says replace now or engine will loose all its oil within 100 miles and sieze! i assume this is rubbish?

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you crank breather pipes (PCV) are rotten, then you should replace then asap as will eventually lead to oil leak and poor performance.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
dashdespatch said:
my crank breather pipes have gone all rotten and my dealer says replace now or engine will loose all its oil within 100 miles and sieze! i assume this is rubbish?
You're dealer is trying to save your life....the crankcase breather pipes are the lifeblood of the engine, rotten pipes will indeed cause oil starvation and an engine seizure. Lets see now.....breather pipes £60 plus some labour, or a min of £1500 plus shed loads of labour for a short engine...:eek: bit of a no brainer really. Do a search on PCV and see what horror stories you come up with..

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
The guys are right, please get it sorted very quickly, you might want to get the sump dropped and cleaned out too............I have a £2500 invoice if you want some proof :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts