SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever fitted an Aero bumper kit onto an LPT? My dealer says only the lower front lip piece ($160 + installation) is offered, and that it would be a lot of $$$ to do the back and sides. I couldn't find anything online. Any suggestions/stories? I have a 2001 lpt wagon.

Thanks,
Boomer

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I fitted a front lip to mine, easy peasy!

Side skirts cant be too tough ;)

There's nothing to do on the rear other than paint the lower part of the bumper in the body colour!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Oops sorry you have the 9-5 van, so there is a back spoiler ;oops:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies...

After reading your comments, I looked and noticed that the black lower lip pieces on the back and sides are removable. Assuming that the only difference is that they are body colored on the Aero, I may just remove and paint them. I had spray cans of metallic gray and clear enamel made a while back. I'll have to spring for the front lip piece, though. I'll look online for a better price.

Regards,
Boomer

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I had my side sills painted, they arent the same as the sill covers but still look good!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good, Chris 9-5.

The clear parking lenses are a nice touch. I'm hoping to do that soon. Did you replace your headlights too? I'm not too crazy about how the lenses for the headlights and foglights are turning yellow. Can they be cleaned?

Regards,
Ben

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
The side blinkers are the only lights I've changed.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
UK spec cars come with clear "parking lens" as standard. They seem to be very popular with our US members, yet we give them no thought at all. :roll:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, my friends!:lol:

My white 2.0t has black lower front lip, side sills and lower part rear bumper. I also want to turn it into white in colour to match with the car body. Can such part be painted as I feel that the material for such parts is different to the material making the rear bumper.

Moreover, is it difficult to take off those parts for painting as the Owner Manual and the Haynes Handbook doesn't mention how to take such parts off?

Actually, I love the Hirsh Bodykit which is attractive and the Realcar bobykit which is aggressive but both are expensive. I may ask for a quote from local workshop to paint such part or re-paint the whole car in black colour.

Regarding the re-painting of the whole car in black colour, will it affect the rustproof coating on the car.

Thank you for your kind advice!:D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Kermit said:
UK spec cars come with clear "parking lens" as standard. They seem to be very popular with our US members, yet we give them no thought at all. :roll:
Are they even on cars in junkyards over there?? cause if so, id be willing to throw one of you over-seas guys some money for your time and shipping:cheesy: .

If you know where you can easily source some, send me a PM. You'd be my saab god.

Thanks,
Nick

G

·
Mark Lee said:
Hi, my friends!:lol:

My white 2.0t has black lower front lip, side sills and lower part rear bumper. I also want to turn it into white in colour to match with the car body. Can such part be painted as I feel that the material for such parts is different to the material making the rear bumper.

Yes they can be painted easily, the key is to use a plastic primer before the top coat.

Moreover, is it difficult to take off those parts for painting as the Owner Manual and the Haynes Handbook doesn't mention how to take such parts off?

Yes easy to take off, if you have a look at them you will be able to work it out..

Regarding the re-painting of the whole car in black colour, will it affect the rustproof coating on the car.

Wow might cost a fair bit. If you are going to get the whole car sprayed then only use a well known and recommended body shop. No it shouldnt affect rustproofing if you get a proper job done..

Thank you for your kind advice!:D
Hope that answers some of your questions :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts