SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Inspired by the viggen insignia, i decided that the aero was also of special value and therefore requires its own unique badge.

Here is a (not a very good quality pic) of my badge.

What is it ? i hear you ask

HOT = High Output Turbo as you know
Red and gold = fire and precious element
Triangle = ascending force
Strange bit on the O = Every unique badge requires a link to the ancient past via mythology or mystery. This is the ancient alchemical symbol for spirit.
Designed - by mygoodself of course. ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Nice one Mr Driver :cool:

Do we have some talent on this forum or what :cheesy:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
changed and added picturesHi, Cotton buds - excellent idea. I shall clean up tomorrow and retake a better lighted shot.

They say that saab is the intellectuals choice and i dont dispute that at all ;oops:

I have changed the first picture to a cleaner picture but unfortunately the light quality is now much poorer (colours are much richer than shown there) so i shall change it again during the next days when i take a better snap but ive also added a distant shot here for perspective.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xalf, unfortunately , the true colours are not daylight reflected as yet. With flash, the red and gold are brighter, without flash they are darker as it was poor daylight.

I intend to take better pics with optimum daylight conditions (------- rain today)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again, on retrospect, i have decided that im not happy with these.

I am now resizing them for a more symmetric appeal, as in a continuation of the 60 degree angle from the A in Aero.
I also just realized that the saab emblem on my bonnet does in fact have a red griffin with a gold crown so my colours are already as close as was possible to those although i will lose my triangle outline with the resize.

I will launch new post with better pics of finished article.

But its true that you can always fine tune some design after others comments and after letting the finished article soak through your system for a short time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
making the Aero badge the bottom part (can't remember the mathematical term:D ) of the triangle would be a great enhancement.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Stunning colour that car too :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
XXa Hi , yes i will make the aero badge the bottom with a continuation of the 60 degree angle of the A in Aero, which when completeted will produce an "equilateral triangle"

Ive tried it with a "paper cut out" today and it sits much better on the car with better symmetry but i will have to wait a few days for reprinting smaller badges.

Chris, the red and gold are very similar to the saab emblem red / gold, and i will definetly have higher quality pics to reflect this with prototype 2 :)

Oh the car colour - It had to be cosmic blue - What else ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I noticed you got some negative feedback on another forum, what do they know............... hey we cant all be gifted ;)

Top marks for making your car unique, I hope you get the badges just right, I still love em ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi abd,

they are vinyl decals with laminated cover for good measure (probably dont require laminating for this location)

They stay on for ever, or come of easily with a hairdryer and then a little cleaner to remove any glue residue

Chris, that other forum was the first saab one i discovered and it is an excellent forum, but at this moment in time, this one is my "numero uno" ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I had checked around several printers overthe last few months, and had been quoted ridiculous prices like minimum 80 pounds etc, but i was fortunate to locate a man who will pump them out for about 3 pounds each with no minimum order / amount needed

As long as you can make your own design as this saves them any labour time :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts