SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can someone tell me if the 2.3 in the CSE is the same as the 2.3 in the Aero? I.E. Can I put the Aero turbo on the CSE and use the same upgrade stages from Maptun on a CSE?

Thanks
C

·
Registered
149 Posts
Robinb said:
Is that right? I thought Aeros had special pistons! I guess I was wrong.
I've never heard that, but I thought I read that the Aero engine has slightly larger connecting rods.

R

·
0 Posts
Pistons (and surrounding bearings etc) are a lot stronger on the turbo models than the naturally aspirated versions - hence trouble if N/A's are converted to turbo.

But I've not heard that they differ between the Aero and the other 2.3 blown models.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Custard said:
Hi,

Can someone tell me if the 2.3 in the CSE is the same as the 2.3 in the Aero? I.E. Can I put the Aero turbo on the CSE and use the same upgrade stages from Maptun on a CSE?
In the case of the Aero automatic, everything is identical to a CSE FPT auto, including the turbo, so make sure you get the TD04 from a manual Aero.....;)

Assuming you can find a manual Aero to get a TD04.

But do you really need the Aero turbo...?

Maptun Stage 3 for the 2.3 will give 270hp/440Nm anyway.

If you need more than that go Stage 4 which includes a bigger turbo anyway.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Pistons (and surrounding bearings etc) are a lot stronger on the turbo models than the naturally aspirated versions - but I've not heard that they differ between the Aero and the other 2.3 blown models.
So, does this mean that any 9000 turbo can be upgraded to 400HP without changes to pistons, but the 9-5 Aero needs a piston upgrade to go beyond 300HP?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Robinb said:
So, does this mean that any 9000 turbo can be upgraded to 400HP without changes to pistons, but the 9-5 Aero needs a piston upgrade to go beyond 300HP?
I don't know about any 9000 turbo......but I believe that's the case for any post 94 Trionic 2.3 turbo 9000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts