SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a part # for an AEM Dryflow air filter for my 2003 Linear - does anyone know if there is an exact drop-in replacement and the part #? I have found them for the 2011 model and a 2.0 model.

Cheers eh!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
There is no drop-in Dryflow as far as I know. I've had an AEM Dryflow cone filter stuck on the end of my intake tube for about 50k miles now and have been happy with it. Used oil analysis indicates, through low silicon levels, that it is doing an outstanding job at filtering the air going in to the engine as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah I have a dryflow open intake.

If you're looking for a drop-in, I know K&N had a oil-less match. Not sure of the PN though

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
There is no drop-in Dryflow as far as I know. I've had an AEM Dryflow cone filter stuck on the end of my intake tube for about 50k miles now and have been happy with it. Used oil analysis indicates, through low silicon levels, that it is doing an outstanding job at filtering the air going in to the engine as well.
Are these much better than a Spectre filter that you can buy at Advance? I pay 20.00 each Spring to next Spring and just replace mine. I think these can be cleaned, but for the price it's a wash:lol:.

I'll have to do some research on the v.s. subject. Where did you purchase your AEM and do you clean yours? I hear that re-oiling certain filters isn't
( or these type) aren't recommended for our cars...like the K&Ns' out there.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Are these much better than a Spectre filter that you can buy at Advance? I pay 20.00 each Spring to next Spring and just replace mine. I think these can be cleaned, but for the price it's a wash:lol:.

I'll have to do some research on the v.s. subject. Where did you purchase your AEM and do you clean yours? I hear that re-oiling certain filters isn't
( or these type) aren't recommended for our cars...like the K&Ns' out there.
The K&N I had was awesome. And it was a dry filter, so it never needed anything but keeping the airbox clean (obviously). I swapped it for this AEM filter (which said it was developed with K&N... not sure how that works) but it's also oil-less.

I custom fabbed a bottom plate out of some plastic just to insure that I didn't get any water splashing up there without losing the open air benefits (read: sound)

A lot of people here use Spectre filters, I'd say do it.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
The K&N I had was awesome. And it was a dry filter, so it never needed anything but keeping the airbox clean (obviously). I swapped it for this AEM filter (which said it was developed with K&N... not sure how that works) but it's also oil-less.

I custom fabbed a bottom plate out of some plastic just to insure that I didn't get any water splashing up there without losing the open air benefits (read: sound)

A lot of people here use Spectre filters, I'd say do it.
Oh I already have a Spectre in ( open air).......I was just wondering if there were any noticeable differences w/others that obviously cost more other than cost of course.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Oh I already have a Spectre in ( open air).......I was just wondering if there were any noticeable differences w/others that obviously cost more other than cost of course.
Oh sorry!

I don't think there's any difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts