SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Forums, have had my 99 9-3 convertible for 3 yrs and it has been fairly reliable. It's not a daily driver and needs some tlc after my teenage daughter gave it back to me when she got a truck.
Recently the audio for the advisory, information alerts, and turn signals has gone away even though the functions still work.
To be honest, haven't had much of a chance to look into it and I was looking for any information on a good place to start. Don't appear to have any other electrical issues and if it matters the stereo works.

Have had good luck with past threads on issues I've had such as the orange headlight relay and the sid pixal fix, saved me a few service calls.

Thanks

Cliff

·
Registered
719 Posts
The speaker most likely died in the SID or solder joint for it came loose. I fixed mine in my 9-3 with a re-solder. My wifes vert however is sporting the speaker from one of my kids "silly slammer" talking stuffed toys. I cut it open, pulled the speaker out and mounted it into her SID.:cheesy:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
There is a little speaker that is part of the ICE or DICE(dash integrated central electronics). Maybe radio shack has this speaker, or perhaps a tiny speaker wire is disconnected. Or maybe a good computer store has these... I cannot see springing for a new $$$.$$ ICE unit at a dealer, the yards should be full.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125558
This info from HK and that from the Green Machine is more accurate, but it is a speaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts