SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to look at 2 used 04 arc 9-3 convertibles, first was 106,000 miles $4,900 tax and reg. Interior immaculate, ran great.Problem with squeaky or noisy top when top closed. Does anyone have advise on whether its an easy fix or if price is right? Second has 140,000 miles ran great interior wasnt as nice but definitely not bad, just not as nice as 1st. Price is $4,100 tax and reg included. Would you worry about the extra 36,000 miles ? Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Top needs readjustment.
For that you need TECH2 and WIS to follow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Buy the lower mileage one

My gut tells me that both prices are a little high. I suspect you could offer $500 less on both and probably get them. I'd definitely go for the one with the nicest seats. My last saab had the cream colored seats that started to look ratty and they are a pain to replace. My current Saab has charcoal seats that are immaculate and I plan on keeping them that way. I hated the cream seats.

As for the top, if you have a dealer nearby I suggest you take it to them. Drive it for a few weeks first so that you will know if there are any other issues to have them look at as well. While a Saab dealer is expensive, adjusting soft tops isn't for an amateur. Those guys know these cars back to front and that's worth paying for on some things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts