SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal. I just found this site, and it's great.I've been a Saab fan since i was 5, and now my new wife and i are buying a new car. My wife doen't trust Saab, and she wants to know about the reliability of the 9-3. She has heard a lot of the old myths about having to service Saabs more than other cars. Can you tell us how the new 9-3's are for relability and also any probelm areas there are in the 9-3?
Thanks in advance, SwedeGeek

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
You don't have to service a Saab any more than any other car. In fact, Saab only requires an oil change every 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My 93 has over 30,000 miles and outside of the two oil changes (covered under the maintenance program) the car has cost zero to maintain.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My car is at 47,000 miles and has not been in for service any more than any of the previous 7 new cars I have owned.
in fact it has been in for less, in the way of major (over $100), mechanical defects than any car I have ever owned.
it is safe, and a blast to drive.
unless GM ruins SAAB, I will have a hard time buying something else when it is time to get an upgrade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone, i think you just helped me out a lot! In addition to convincing my wife to get a Saab, you also helped me avoid a numer of marriage-breaking arguments! :D Thnaks again.
SwedeGeek :D

·
Super Moderator
20,259 Posts
Maybe you should also mention it's one of the safest cars in the world as well. ;)

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Diggs said:
Maybe you should also mention it's one of the safest cars in the world as well. ;)
Ditto!

Usually very good dealers as well (at least in the Chicago area)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts