SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help to decide on dump valve installation.

Having just upgraded to Stage 1 Hirsch, am now considering installing an Abbot Recirculating Dump Valve but am not sure if it's necessary as my current 95 is only 5 months old. Which means my existing plastic dump valve should still be in pretty good condition and by installing the Abbott dump valve I probably won't feel any difference....or will it make a difference?

Or should I wait till the existing dump valve is a little older before changing to the Abbott's dump valve? :confused:

I just can't see the immediate benefits from changing the dump valve now... much appreciate if anyone who has done similar upgrades share your experience.

Thanks

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Dont bother :p You dont need it and wont feel any difference :nono;

And later on when you decide to, buy it from someone cheaper like PFS :cool:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Meaning you can buy the Forge unit cheaper elsewhere. Not pay through the nose for an Abbott branded Forge unit. :cool:

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
I agree with what was said above.

The standard Bosch unit will be just find until it wears out, which happens at a slightly faster rate when the car is tuned...

When it does that, just drop in a Forge unit.

I just did this over here and its areally a quite simple job.

The manufacturer hints at there being faster spool up time with their recirc valve, but I don't think its significant. The real benefit with one of these is that they don't wear out like the plastic Bosch ones do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts