SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope some of you good people out there can give me some advice....

I have a 2003 Aero and two weeks ago the auto levelling headlights started to not work, and they just pointed up all the time (so that they blinded anyone that was in front of me or coming towards me). I took it to my local dealer and they connected it up to the diagnosis machine (I'm sure its got a proper name!) and said that they could not find any fault, but agreed that the lights were too high and adjusted them.

This was on a Wednesday, and I didnt use the car again until Saturday morning when I went to the petrol station (gas station for those of you in the US) and when I got back in my car I had the infamous "gearbox malfunction, Reduced performance" message come up on the SID as I went to leave. The car drove fine, but as it was Saturday no service centre was open and so I had to wait until Monday morning to speak to someone. The service centre said that if the car was driving ok, it was probably just an electrical glitch (I have had the oil coupling recall done), and the car was booked in on Friday morning. Between Tuesday and Friday, the cd player stopped working (it was on, then off, then on, then off.....), the heating stopped working properly and the one-touch windows didnt one-touch open any more.

So, the car went in and........ they say that the machine said nothing is wrong (though it clearly is), except that the auto-levellling headlights arent working but the code that they got could be a number of things, so they need it in for a full day ! The cd player started working ok again, but is now going funny again, and the heating is Ok but the windows aren't.

Today the indicators have stopped flashing when you lock the car, but they flash when you un-lock it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this ?

This, combined with the increasing number of rattles and knocking sounds is really detracting from what has been, up to now, a good ownership with little in the way of problems.

Unfortunately I get the impression that the dealer is not that competent and so havent really got that much confidence that they will be able to diagnose what is, I hope, a single fault that is affecting everything....

Thanks for any help/advice.....

·
Super Moderator
20,349 Posts
Dying battery could cause all these issues, especially considering they're all happening at the same time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I never thought of that - thanks for the advice, I will get that checked out - it may save £££££ compared to going back to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts