SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Saab 9000CS '93. All of the sudden, after quick ride, my shifter got stuck in 2nd gear and since then I can't shift at all while the car is running however when I turn it off, I can shift with no problems. Any suggestions where could be the problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check the rubber linkage from the gear lever to the box, which sits behind the engine bay. These get soaked in oil and, if they fail, make changing gear almost impossible. You can tie the linkage up with cable ties as a get-you-home measure.

If this is Ok you may have a problem with the hydraulic circuit, which is stopping the clutch from disengaging. If the hydraulics are OK, suspect the clutch plate or the gearbox.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Definately sounds like the clutch not disengaging. if the transmission is stationary (when the car is off) it doesn't matter if the clutch is engaged. If the clutch is the problem, you should still be able to get OUT of gear... .. but grind trying to go IN. actually .. you should still be able to shift rev matching, but that's damn hard :p

If it was the transmission causing the problem, i suspect you wouldn't be able to shift cleanly either way.

good luck

-=tristan=-

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right-it's the clutch problem. I changed master cylinder and shifter coupler. If I'm in the gear while pressing the clutch, my car is moving very slowly. Any ideas where exactly is the problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try bleeding the hydraulics again and look for any leaks. Otherwise, you may have a broken pressure plate or have lost a spring from the driven plate. Caveat Emptor applies here though, as I've not had the clutch apart on one of these.

·
Registered
429 Posts
tristan_the_trout said:
Definately sounds like the clutch not disengaging. if the transmission is stationary (when the car is off) it doesn't matter if the clutch is engaged. If the clutch is the problem, you should still be able to get OUT of gear... .. but grind trying to go IN. actually .. you should still be able to shift rev matching, but that's damn hard :p

If it was the transmission causing the problem, i suspect you wouldn't be able to shift cleanly either way.

good luck

-=tristan=-
So if the car cannot get out of gear but will go back in very easily, it could be the shift coupler?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts