SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well over the weekend I finally got time to play.

What a task that was to dry fit pipes and get it all to play ball.

The IC is brand new still in its Saab box :lol: Ahh you gota love ebay. Adverstised as a Rover IC ???????
I recognised it and thought thats worth £40. So its been in the shed for ever and a day.

So I got all the pipes to fit everything was on all tight. I followed dips writeup for pipecutting ect.

I set of for the brightlights of M/cr and hit the A14 built up speed and booted it. Yeah wow what a difference.......Thrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssshhhhoooooooo....

Whats that oh losing power no boost gutless. IC pipes gaveway. So all the way to M/cr with no power.
Took the car to a place I know that do custom zorsts and massive modding on Nissans.

They were all fascinated by the Saab. Its got a T25 really hmm bigger spinner could be fitted there ya know. :D

So They custom bent me on their big pipe bending machine a length of SS pipe and fitted it for me. Flared ends and all on the pipe.

Bling booooooost.

So all is on now and still on...

Dead

Shiny new.....

Cut and shut....

New I.C. on....

Custom pipe...

Dead

I

·
0 Posts
Nice SS pipe. I ended up buying the ($106 Canadian) pipe at the dealer. I was afraid of too many clamps/joints. It was a "tojt" fit and a battle to get on the turbo end.

The car flies now and is so much easier to rip thru the gears...:p YUM!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Hey dead i know how you feel. I was just starting a 700 mile trip when one of my pipes became disconnected on the interstate. Pulled over to a Honda dealership where i asked to borrow a screwdriver.. and the dumb salesman preceded to tell me how i should trade in my saab for a honda.. hmm yeah right. Ended up getting the pipe back on, snug and fit, but burned my arm on the turbo in the process :evil: .. but that no boost feeling is sickening i must say

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
had to rig up something similar on my friends 99 se, but when we test drove his, the factory pipe came off, not ours.:cheesy:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
This happened to me a long time ago, before I had ever touched the pipes. It was the one post intercooler right onto the delivery pipe. Some squirrely must have gotten in there....with a screw driver :cheesy:

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
when i extended my i/c to throttle pipe i glued the rubber hose to the alloy extention to make sure it didnt come off :lol: a trick i got from my saab technison friend, they do it on the tdi as they are known for blowing off the turbo to i/c pipe from the i/c end

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The company that did the work are going to spin off my IC to throttle body set and custom bend that in 60mm, Then build me a new Body inlet...:D

They really were fascinated by the car. Why did you mod a Saab, I said "That is the question"....So they took a shot of her on the ramps and pinned it on the baywall. First saab we've had in. :cheesy:

You should see this 91 Nissan 200 zx they have 650hp at the wheels. Fitted with a high pressure auto box, two ceramic turbos bangggggggggg,

Man it goes, You could not change up through a manual box quick enough.

As for the car. Well the new pipe has held. Spoolup is much faster and the car takes this big insuck of air as you boot it, Wicked.

Seth...

Yep 120 miles with no boost was me hiding in the inside lane on the Mway...;oops:
The guy who fitted the pipe did ask me to come in next time with a cold turbo. His boss told him to wear gloves. :lol:

Dead

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hrm, Had the top hose blow off at the throttle body right after getting it back from all of its head work, obviously not tightened enough by.. You guessed it, SAAB themselves :roll: Obviously 80 bucks/hour is not enough for decent help. I mean, the guy only probably got 5 bucks for the amount of time he was tightening that thing, so why do it right?

The car would not stay running with this pipe off. Wouldnt idle or anything. Popped it back on and tightened it like any good ape could do and the car ran beautifully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts