SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm looking for adjustable suspension for my 2001 9-5 Aero.
Primarily I'm looking for lots of camber up front but I refuse to use shims. I would like to find adjustable strut mounts combined with coilovers.

The reasons is for autocross.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
You can buy cheap coil overs I recommend you don't. For autocross driver mod will gain you way more time than a couple of negative degrees of camber.

You can use eccentric knuckle bolts, Moog and dorman sell them cheap way to get camber . Even cheaper is to do it the GM way and slot the strut clamp holes.

good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha thanks for the tip but I'm already driving my car at its limits. My driving technique/style receives compliments. Myself and other autocrossers agree that the 9-5 is holding me back. She's at her limits.

My '01 Aero is a project car and will undergo hideous transformation for next year's season:
extreme weight reduction, suspension, maybe brakes, tires.

-edit-
I was going to scrap her and get a BRZ/88 but I decided **** it! It's cheaper for me to fix my rusty beat Saab and turn her into a track/autocross car than to become another BRZ driver.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Haha thanks for the tip but I'm already driving my car at its limits. My driving technique/style receives compliments. Myself and other autocrossers agree that the 9-5 is holding me back. She's at her limits.

My '01 Aero is a project car and will undergo hideous transformation for next year's season:
extreme weight reduction, suspension, maybe brakes, tires.

-edit-
I was going to scrap her and get a BRZ/88 but I decided **** it! It's cheaper for me to fix my rusty beat Saab and turn her into a track/autocross car than to become another BRZ driver.
good for you. Meh.

I have been doing this driving stuff for a long time and I can assure you there is more time in the driver than in fancy mods, coilovers and camber etc. In fact coil overs that are available for cheap, back to back, assuming good condition stock suspension, will often be slower. If you have an issue with a fwd car and rolling over the front tire, then evidently you need to change the cornering approach to reduce that... like the saying goes " slow in/fast out"

whatever

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next year, come on down to an OMSC event and we'll see what you've got versus what I've got. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts