SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 Aero wagon has a sagging rear suspension causing negative camber and worn and cupped inside edges on my rear tires. I would like to install adjustable links but I have the self leveling headlights. The sensor for the headlights is located on the OE links that would come off. Anyone aware of a way to mount the sensor using the adjustable links or am I out of luck on doing this?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I can't remember the cost of the adjustable lower arms (not available over here) but I wonder how it compares to the cost of having the hub rose bushes replaced, and possibly the trailing arm bushes. Yes the springs sag, but doing just the rose bushes on mine made a huge difference. The tyres were wrecked when I got it, noisy and caused vibrations. There was no tyre edge cupping for the life of the replacement tyres (even though the car still sat about half an inch low).

Priority one as I understand it is to get the car at the right height, with no rose and t/arm bush distortion.

You could address it with camber shims from Taliafero, and keep your existing lower arms, or put spacers under the rear springs. However these are both band-aid solutions if the rear bushes are shot.

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
Anyone aware of a way to mount the sensor using the adjustable links or am I out of luck on doing this?
I have the adjustable rear links, they fixed tire cupping and I like the ride height it is at.

My indie welds the level sensors on.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I just installed a set on my 03. Everything I have read was you need to come up with a custom bracket. Just haven't gotten around to it myself yet. I have also heard you can bias it all the way up or down and it puts it centered, but I have not confirmed.

I also did all new struts, trailing arm bushings and rose bushes. Still need an alignment, the car is just parked right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts