SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More late-breaking news from The Empire.

Five to seven, hmmm. We got four now (2X/3/5/7X), the 6X is about a year away. Up to TWO more models .... the rumored 9-9 flagship sedan :D and a Sonett IV sports car :D:D ?

I'd liket to see a Sonett 'vert and a hardtop, a 9-5 'vert (to go against the 645Ci 'vert). A regular 9-9 and a stretched wheelbase 9-9 (like 7-series Li cars) for the ultra high-end execs/VIPs.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0506/03/C01-202702.htm

"Jim Bunnell, North-Central regional manager, and Pete Gerosa, GM North America Vice President field sales, service and parts, said Chevrolet will likely market 23 to 26 models, while Cadillac's portfolio will consist of nine to 11 models. Chevrolet now offers 20 models, not counting medium duty trucks and certain derivative model such as Cobolt SS. Cadillac sells nine models, not including high-performance versions. Hummer will market four to five different models, up from three choices. Saab's product line will have five to seven models, up from its current four, according to dealers attending the meeting"

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think it was Lutz who promised equal or more models than Volvo has. And that was, hmm years ago? But done by using GM's resources.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If a Sonnett comes along I'll buy that fast

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
SaabKen said:
I'd liket to see a Sonett 'vert and a hardtop, a 9-5 'vert (to go against the 645Ci 'vert). A regular 9-9 and a stretched wheelbase 9-9 (like 7-series Li cars) for the ultra high-end execs/VIPs.
Boy.. when you wish for something you don't do it in halves. :cheesy:

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Experience in life perhaps ? :eek: You ask for 300% in the hopes of getting back 100% :cool:

I've yet emailed Carl-Peter Forster about my proposed Saab lineup :lol:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
A 9-9 "supercar" in the styling of the 9-5 hatchback concept drawings would be great! And - if Saab were able to beat Porsche (with their Panamera) to market with it...

Hmmm - come to think of it, didn't Maurer go to Porsche???? That Panamera looks an awful lot like his 9-5 sketches...

The Porsche Panamera:

Maurer's next 9-5 sketch:

·
Registered
99 Posts
- 9-2 (3dr,5dr)
- 9-3 (convt, 2dr, 4dr, wgn)
- 9-4x (crossover, X3 competitor)
- 9-5 (4dr, wgn)
- 9-6x (crossover, XC90 competitor, 9-7x replacement)
- Sonnet (halo sportscar)

I would be happy with this line up :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts