SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm usually found in the 9-3SS forum, but i have just bought myself..ahem.. my Missus a 2000 9-3 2.0t Eco. Whats missing is a Turbo gauge ('cos i just love to see the needle dancing) and was wondering if i installed a speedo c/w Turbo gauge whether it would works or not or is additional wiring needed etc.
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but some reason the co. firewall wont let me do a search!?!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
JWLANKY said:
Hi All,
I'm usually found in the 9-3SS forum, but i have just bought myself..ahem.. my Missus a 2000 9-3 2.0t Eco. Whats missing is a Turbo gauge ('cos i just love to see the needle dancing) and was wondering if i installed a speedo c/w Turbo gauge whether it would works or not or is additional wiring needed etc.
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but some reason the co. firewall wont let me do a search!?!
You need a switchable firewall, JW.
Mine (Norton) is ;and it is also a PITA ...

If the turbo boost gage operates on vacuum, than one must install that hose; if not, maybe the electric is already in place.
Would it not be easier to install a separate vacuum gage ??? Or is this a bad idea ???

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Vacuum gauges work great on these cars. The one in the instrument cluster is electric, so if the wiring's not there (and I don't know if it is), then it would probably be a lot of work. I think it would be much easier and more accurate to install an aftermarket gauge. The VDO Visions series gauges match the green lighting almost perfectly. Even the backlit needle looks pretty stock.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The reason i ask is that i know someone breaking a '95 900se with a Turbo gauge speedo. If i knew it was as simple as 'plug n play' i'd look to fit it just to make the car a little more complete'

If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
NG900 and 9-3 instrument clusters look identical from the front, but the wiring on the back is completely different. The NG900 uses a huge single wiring harness, but the 9-3 has several smaller ones.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeremy R. said:
NG900 and 9-3 instrument clusters look identical from the front, but the wiring on the back is completely different. The NG900 uses a huge single wiring harness, but the 9-3 has several smaller ones.
Thanks guys. So the 900 gauge wont work in a 9-3.
If i come across a cheap 9-3 clock with the turbo gauge, i may just risk it to see if it works (hopefully all the wiring is their) - ill let you know if it does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts