SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 4 tweeters in with my saab es13 upgrade. I managed to get a hold of an installation diagram and It appears that they simply clip and plug into the standard 4 speaker set up that comes in all saab 93's. Heres the diagram:

easiest speaker upgrade ever? well.... the part number for the tweeters is 12786607 if you fancy a go. 5 min job. so I gues even if you have the crappy 4 speaker set up you can upgrade to 8 speakers, and the 7 to 11.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
This can never beat a decent coaxial aftermarket speaker.
The Saab system parallels the midrange driver with the tweeter. The tweeter does have a capacitor to block low frequencies.

Aftermarket speakers, particularly of the quality often recomended here, are employing much better crossovers. You used to just get a cap for the tweeter. Now it's pretty common to get a coil for the woofer (to block highs) and a cap for the tweeter (to block lows). These are first order filters so you get about 6dB/octave.

Infinity Kappas come with separate crossovers which are either 12 or 24 dB/octave. Pretty nice for $60.

Then there are issues of paper vs. plastic cones, etc.

I started with the 300/13 system and the stock speakers cannot compare with aftermarket. The only ones I like are the 6x9's, which are a magnitude of quality above any other stock speaker. I have my 6x9's amped along with a 12" sub.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, the tweeters are easy. Just wait untill you add the 6x9's - you get to remove and replace the entire wire harness running across the rear deck. All to add four more leads...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts