SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 9-3 SS and have just added fog lights which I purchased online. These are OEM. However, I have read that in order for them to work, I must have the dealer update the software, or turn them "on" via the car's computer.

I've also installed the new switch, and the fog light button on the left is lit when the car is on, so I'm assuming everything is fine there.

Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind. I installed the lights and took it to the dealership to have them "turned on". Fog lights are now working fine.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an 05 9-3 and just added fog lights last weekend and the new switch. I took me about 4 hours from start to finish and really wasn't that hard. However, I did have to take the car to the dealership to have the software "turned on", and it took about 30 minutes and they only charged me $37.00, which isn't too bad in my opinion.

My car was already pre-wired, so all I had to do was connect it to the fog lights. I used the fog-lights installation instructions posted on the web - just search via google. It's a pdf file.

I purchased my stuff from patrick accessories. I looked around for a few months before I decided to buy, and found this place to have the best prices compared to any other website. Also put on a new muffler (the rear muffler for the twin exhaust), which only took about an hour, a vanity plate, lug nut caps, and bought some touch-up paint as well. All for under $500.00, which included shipping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I strongly disagree with "does absolutely nothing to improve their visibility" - they make a massive difference. Whenever driving on a dark (moonless) night on poorly lit roads I turn them on. The difference is vast - feel a lot safer about potential wildlife / obstacles on the road.

I don't use them when there are other cars though - but I don't see what the big deal is. They're no more annoying then dipped beams as they're aimed directly at the ground in front of the car. So unless the car is tailgating -and- using fog lights, what's the problem? Note in the photo taken, the photographer had to get ground level and look up in to the fog lights to make them appear glary - the position of someone about to get hit by a car. The glare is the least of their problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts