SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 9-3 2.0T. Does not have front fog lights or front or back spoilers. Was researching adding them.
For fog lights, I would need the switch, lights, and harness, correct? Would anyone know a good place to buy them? For installation, I read I need a dealer to "unlock" the ability to use it since it was not standard when it shipped, is this true?

For the spoilers, if I find Aero front and back spoilers can they be added to my stock body and fit, or is there other work needed to be done?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Perhaps a former dealer has a set of fogs or you can get some from a wreck. The dealer offered to install a set cheap at one point when we were buying a new car.

Why waste money on spoilers? That would be about the same price as an engine tune that would boost your car to an honest 240 to 250 horsepower. Right now you have nothing for spoilers to hold down.

Cost is $300 to $600 to make your car perform by letting the turbo breathe with nothing radical and no tricks or gimmicks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps a former dealer has a set of fogs or you can get some from a wreck. The dealer offered to install a set cheap at one point when we were buying a new car.

Why waste money on spoilers? That would be about the same price as an engine tune that would boost your car to an honest 240 to 250 horsepower. Right now you have nothing for spoilers to hold down.

Cost is $300 to $600 to make your car perform by letting the turbo breathe with nothing radical and no tricks or gimmicks.
I did do a tune. Pushing 260 HP at 360 Nm. I'm looking more for cosmetic upgrades currently.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I bought my fog lights from Genuine Saab. They also sell the harness and switch required. I think I bought the switch from Saab Parts Online as they were cheaper.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I added fogs to my 04 and the harness was already there. All I needed were the lights themselves and a new headlight switch. Did they remove the foglight harness on later models that didn't come stock with them?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yup, I think it was 2005 that they stopped installing the harness without the fog lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts