SaabCentral Forums banner

Adding Factory GM Delphi Grundig UHP Bluetooth Module to SAAB 9-3 NG 2008-2012 Without Factory Instalation

379 Views 5 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Mimmi
I need help about adding factory bluetooth module in my Turbo X with navi and Bose sound system, European market car.
It has aftermarket Parrot device installed, so i have to remove it.
What do i need from a donor car?
There is bluetooth module below center console, wiring loom connected to ISM wiring loom, what else?
How much complicated it is to do?
I really want to keep car as much as factory it was, without aftermarket components.
I took pictures from 08 car with Bluetooth and 08 X without.
10 wires missing on this connector here, on last picture.
Probably it has to be married with car, so I'll need help also about my next investment in Tech2 or MDI. Font Gas Monochrome photography Monochrome Rectangle

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15,461 Posts
You need also wiring loom between UHP and HU, microphone and its wire and TECH2 (with security access).
You can not use MDI.
I do not know your skills, so I can not give you "difficult level".

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need also wiring loom between UHP and HU, microphone and its wire and TECH2 (with security access).
You can not use MDI.
I do not know your skills, so I can not give you "difficult level".
Ok, one loom is below gearbox stick, it is on the pictures, second one is going into the HU, ok, it will be tracked.
Where is microphone located and where it is connected to?
When i finish this, i will edit post to be clear for somebody else who want to do the same.

I'm dismanlting things from 5 year old :).
I haven't problems with my last 2 9-3 TiD.
Wanted to buy some diagnostic tool for first one, just in case, read about it, but really there was no need for it, so i give up.
If i remember from that i read before, for cars produced between 03-07, Tech2 is better solution, for 08-12 better is MDI, but you say that MDI can not be used for Bluetooth module connecting.
Maybe MDI is better for GM cars made after 2008, but now there is a faster device, MDI2.
I will read more about Tech2 diagnostic tool and i count on your help for buying one, soon :).

· Registered
15,461 Posts
Microphone is in ceiling console where interior light switch and reading lamps are. Check oval grid.
You have read false information. All NG 9-3 uses TECH2 (with CANdi).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts