SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my 9.3 1.8i i have the 70 watts 4 speaker system.the sound is very poor.i desided to put an active sub in the trunk for better bass.i look in the trunk but i cant find any prewiring for it.the manual says that there is ....only i found the 30 amps fuse.can any body help me from where can i get the 12+ conection.? thanks. today in Athens we have 35 degrees summer is stil here!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
harryparos said:
in my 9.3 1.8i i have the 70 watts 4 speaker system.the sound is very poor.i desided to put an active sub in the trunk for better bass.i look in the trunk but i cant find any prewiring for it.the manual says that there is ....only i found the 30 amps fuse.can any body help me from where can i get the 12+ conection.? thanks. today in Athens we have 35 degrees summer is stil here!!!
To get a bit of bass you will need an upgrade to the 7 speaker 150W system in the first place, because the 4sp system doesn't produce the right frequencies. The upgrade is a costly business. After that the bass comes from the doors. Then you should start to replace some factory speakers, to start with de dash left and right and those in the rear.
You should should check out the FAQ's of this forum, there have been a zillion posts about the audio and upgrading it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
one more greek here:cheesy:

same car also:cool:
we are already 3 more from Athens.

next greek-saab-ers coffee time we hope to see u too so we can help u out:cool:

i personally have installed an aftermarket audio system which is way better than the 4speaker stock setup.


p.s.
check ur PM's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,410 Posts
greekfragma said:
i personally have installed an aftermarket audio system which is way better than the 4 speaker stock setup.
This is what I would do. Almost any aftermarket head unit is worlds better than the best Saab system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
greekfragma said:
i personally have installed an aftermarket audio system which is way better than the 4speaker stock setup.

Could you put some pics of the result as well as how you did it? Sane curiosity...
Did you install this instead of the CD-Reader?

BTW, the upgrade by installing the original AMP&speakers is not that bad (opinion) but very expensive, about...600€? (800$)

4-speaker audio sys is the big joke of Saab in our cars:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
victor said:
Could you put some pics of the result as well as how you did it? Sane curiosity...
Did you install this instead of the CD-Reader?

BTW, the upgrade by installing the original AMP&speakers is not that bad (opinion) but very expensive, about...600€? (800$)

4-speaker audio sys is the big joke of Saab in our cars:(

i ll make a thread in a few days with all details.:D
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top