SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I have a 2006 9-3ss aero with ES3 and 150w 7 speaker system. I am hoping to upgrade the sound system and have been reading about Saba's guide to adding a new amp and speakers.

What would happen if I just spliced some speaker cable into the outputs from Amp1 to the doors. The cable could then be run to the back and directly to some new 6x9's. This would save the hassle of wiring power and RTO (not sure what this is) to a new amp. But would it work?

Any advice gratefully received

·
Super Moderator
8,681 Posts
welcome to SC..

and you'd have no improvement,because the rms power out of amp1 is pityful & wouldn't be able to drive the speakers..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so new amp it is. Thanks for the reply.

Has anyone got any detailed advice about how to tap into the 12v power supply in the rear compartment.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know this is optimistic but can the amp2 power lead be used via an adapter or is some splicing required. How would you do the splicing?

Is it still considered best practice to amp the rear 4" speakers as well. The reason i ask is that i noticed Paul Oliver mention that he had reverted to stock after " realising how pointless an amp'd rear end was" (in the "adding an after market amp directly form the battery" thread, page 2).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am now going to run the power from the battery but i have still got a few questions about the speakers.

When you splice into the speaker cables from amp 1 to the doors to get a signal for the 6x9's do you leave the signal going to the door speakers as well. Are there any problems with delays between the signal to the door speakers and the newly amped 6x9's

Also still wondering if any one recommends amping the 4" speakers in the back?
Could this introduce delays between bass and midrange signals.

·
Super Moderator
8,681 Posts
yes you do leave the signal going to the door speakers..none.

once the 6x9s are in,the 4" will be more for fill in sound.no delay.

the speaker plugs have numbers on them 1-negative 2-positive..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts