SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Adding 3 inch downpipe to stg 2 linear

Currently running Stg 1 BSR with the 2.5 catback exhaust.
Was wondering would there be any difference if I plomb for the 3 inch DP right now.
I will need the aero injectors to go to Stg 3 as well as software and that is i the pipeline few months down the line.

Meanwhile,would i suffer any low end loss or driveability with the bigger DP?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm in the process of going to stage 3 right now. Today I called genuinesaab about if is ok to install all the hardware first and install the software the next day. They said for the DP and catback it will be ok since they don't really give any performance gain by themselves but you will need to install the software right after they done installing the fuel injector if not it will not run right. So I assume the DP by itself won't do much without the stage 3 software and the fuel injector. But after reading so many post I assume the DP will still give you slightly boost I assume.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nge2015 said:
I'm in the process of going to stage 3 right now. Today I called genuinesaab about if is ok to install all the hardware first and install the software the next day. They said for the DP and catback it will be ok since they don't really give any performance gain by themselves but you will need to install the software right after they done installing the fuel injector if not it will not run right. So I assume the DP by itself won't do much without the stage 3 software and the fuel injector. But after reading so many post I assume the DP will still give you slightly boost I assume.
I know that with no tuning, it may not run right but was told that with a stage 1 software, intake upgrades, it will perhaps give faster spool up. What Im worried is the suffering in low end torque.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts