SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends. Does anyone know if the two front doors are pre-wired for speakers and I can just buy them and plug 'em in?

·
Registered
901 Posts
If it's not already equipped, It's not wired for it. Those two speakers are powered by a separate amp behind the passenger (RHD) left kick plate.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 9-3 came pre-wired for door speakers. The 900 didn't have the wiring, though. Try a junkyard for a cheap factory amp and speakers, although most of the woofers I've seen lately have had rotted surrounds.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 2002 9-3 died recently so I decided to go ahead and part it out. The two front door speakers aren't in the best of shape (as Jeremy R. pointed out above... rotted surrounds). But I do have the amp if you're interested?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2002 9-3 died recently so I decided to go ahead and part it out. The two front door speakers aren't in the best of shape (as Jeremy R. pointed out above... rotted surrounds). But I do have the amp if you're interested?
Yes, I would be interested in that amp, thanks, but will today check into the doors for wiring and behind the kick plate to see what may be there. Many thanks to my SAAB Brethren!

·
Registered
41 Posts
If it's not already equipped, It's not wired for it. Those two speakers are powered by a separate amp behind the passenger (RHD) left kick plate.

I am putting new speakers in my wifes 9-3. I have no power to the speakers in the doors. Where is this amp you speak of? I have no clue as to what you are talking about, ... Kick plate RHD.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
63 Posts
The amp is located behind the carpet/center console, passengers side. It helps to remove the glove box in order to access it. I have a used amp if you need one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts