SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this little beauty for the girlfriend. 1997, 5 speed, 2.3i, clotch interior, red paint. Sweet jesus does the red paint come alive with a polish and wax, gotta love one stage paint. It's got 189K and needed a rear muffler. That was it... a rear muffler. Got a million recepits and the PO put 2K into it six months ago. Came with two sets of tires/rimes, one of wich included two new blizzaks and 2 new hakks for the winter. Now she just needs to learn how to drive stick, had the first two days of learning for her, cable clutch isn't too forgiving; especially with a new clutch and catching off the floor! interior and exterior are mint. What you guys think? Oh, and I paid $500 for it :cheesy:

·
Registered
18,938 Posts
Sweet jesus does the red paint come alive with a polish and wax, gotta love one stage paint.
I do love those paints... clear coat paints just don't cut it. You do have to polish and poly every year, but those paints shine like the showroom when you do it right.

Now she just needs to learn how to drive stick, had the first two days of learning for her, cable clutch isn't too forgiving; especially with a new clutch and catching off the floor!
Try pulling on the elephant snout in the engine compartment a few times. Even a new clutch should not be that far out of adjustment... that's the whole idea of the auto adjust cable.

Oh, and I paid $500 for it :cheesy:
I think we're a little jealous. But that's just me.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
When I saw the photo I thought this better not be the car I wanted to buy! Last week I saw a nice red 96 900 SE 2.0 on craigslist with only 95,000 miles on it for $2600. I called the guy about a day after it was listed and it was already sold.

BTW that red looks amazing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts