SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try to add a key to a 2011 9-3? I've previously added keys on 03/04 cars, but never on anything this new.

I'm using mongoose, tech2win and SAABGLOBALTIS.

This 2011 has asked for security access for other changes with NO ISSUE. When it comes to the keys i get a warning on security access then it goes thru. I get back into tech 2 and it loops me back into getting security access - over and over again! Anyone know how to get around this? Vin Matches.
M4510: Warning: At least one VIN is invalid/unsupported. This may result in problems in the vehicle"

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I spoke with a local saab guy he is using clone tech2 and cracked software and has the same issues with coding keys to a 2011.
I ended up going to Willow Grove Saab in the Meineke building behind the Jag dealership. They were also able to add DDM and PDM from the door card electronics I swapped over, which read with the wrong vin and wouldn't let me add them myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Add a Key 2011

I just experienced the same problem with my 2011 9-3.
I took it to my independent Saab mechanic here in New Jersey.
He to was unable to program a duplicate transponder key.
Sounds like he got the same error on the Tech2.
Can you explain the solution in layman's terms (me not so computer savvy).
That way I can explain it to him.
Thanks so much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello to all with same issue. I was told it was immposible to add a key to a 2003 9-3 convertible if you lost your only key. Which I did. I finally got a mobile locksmith to come out to me and cut the metal key. He told me (and his aribic boss on phone about everything, said no way, immposible). Well he finally got the key cut after waiting 3-4hrs for the key cut code????? Then he said now show me! But your paying for the key cut no matter what. I agreed. In front of him I added a key, and transponder, and remote, and the car started!!!!!!!!! He couldn't believe it. The boss on phone didn't belive it! But my stuff did it. So everything is possible. To the NJ person, I live in SI if you can get the car to me I'll be happy to help try and program it for free. Just on me I guess.
Adam

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Pretty sure the issue is security access.
The hacked software database TIS2000/Globaltis gives problems for cars after 2010.
This has happened before and I seem to remember the guy paid for the short subscription to ACDelco which is $55 for 3 days.

If thats the only thing you want to do might be worth paying if you can find someone who has a Tech2 with full access.

·
Registered
17 Posts
DEFINATLY security, the twice module needs to be replaced to match the key being used. However some lovely engineering has been done that in many ways eclipses the tech2000. My unit did it. 3 locksmiths called bull**** till 1 finally came I think just to prove his point. By the end he said "your the ****ing man!" He wanted his own. But can't do that ;) while on keys, what is the best/cheapest key cutter? He did a Saab key in his truck. He said it was laser but I highly doubt it. I work in lasers. To much power would be required to cut them.
Adam

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm curious now....anyone in or near or willing to come to Staten island? I can try and program your keys (free) if it works on several cars I can save you guys a chunk of money from the standard $900-1500 lost key programming.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Pretty sure the issue is security access.
The hacked software database TIS2000/Globaltis gives problems for cars after 2010.
This has happened before and I seem to remember the guy paid for the short subscription to ACDelco which is $55 for 3 days.

If thats the only thing you want to do might be worth paying if you can find someone who has a Tech2 with full access.
You can buy a ~$20 1 day tis2web subscription from Orio. It works fine with 2011 9-3 so you may obtain security access there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My03 verts are the only 03 that is a carry over from 02. So when looking for parts it's easier to say my02 9-3. Unless it's vert top part. My car is the 03vert so I know it inside and out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Add a Key 2011

I definitely would be willing to come to Staten Island. What section do you live in?
I just bought the 2011 for my son and don't know the history on it.
Maybe someone replaced the DDM and never married it to the car.
If they did, was a new one installed or a used one ?
It only came with one key and I figured we were flirting with disaster if it was lost.
So I bought a genuine Saab transponder online.
I am very flexible if someone with your expertise is willing and able to program the 2nd key.
It would save me a lot of grief for sure. So what day works for you ?
Thursday (yes I know it's Thanksgiving), Friday ( I'm off)
Saturday morning ( my indy was going to take another run at it then ) or Sunday ?
Let me know what works best for you and how best to contact you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I tryed with my "other" hardware. It didn't work. However I have a GM MDI. Anyone happen to have the Saab software with activation for it? I have a ton of software but my PC is giving me a headache with everything!
Thank you,
Adam

·
Registered
7 Posts
2011 9-3 Security Access.

YMMV. I asked everywhere about programming this key after the one was lost. Opinions vary. I bought a clone Tech2 twice. First one was seized and destroyed by Customs. Glad they're keeping us safe. GlobalTIS works on everything I've tried up to 2009, I have not had access to a 2010 yet.
This morning, I logged onto Orio, paid $23 for a subscription. Using TIS2Win is exactly the same interface as GlobalTIS. I added the key no problem. Only the genuine key worked, though, cheap eBay **** did not. Well, at least I have a $20 rubber case.
Security access is exactly the same procedure as GlobalTIS.
Now, when I was done, I popped in a used T8 ECU. I added it to the car. I had to get security access again. ECU added, car runs, no codes. Used one was out of a 2008. I then went to SPS and updated the ECU. Tech2 was plugged into the car, laptop had to be in the car, took a few minutes, and it's done.
For $23, it was well spent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts