SaabCentral Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adaptive Xenon OEM Headlights L&R from my TX, EU spec

For Sale: 
4K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  SAABalingus 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry fellows, just checked the replacement headlights and NeoBros had sent me the wrong version, LHD iso RHD.
Very unfortunate, but due to this fact, I'm at this time unable to proceed with the sale as listed.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused...

Name: SandySaab

Means of contact: PM

Price: Left (VG condition) - 200USD
Right (G condition) - 150 USD

Mileage (miles/kms):
Right: 40 kkm
Left: 20 kkm

Description:

In a few weeks I'll replace my fully working OEM Adaptive Xenon headlights with new "blueish" 2010+ versions I got from Neobro's. This is on my 2008 9-3 TX SC.

The Right one is the original that came with the car (now 44kkm) in Good condition. There are some scratches on the upper edge from previous owner's auto wash, may be polished out. Asking 150 USD shipped (obo).

The Left one was replaced by my dealer, taken from a virtually brand new vert that was totalled (idiot driver hit a curbside at hight speed). In very good condition. Asking 200 USD shipped (obo).

Both (in one shipment) for 300 USD (obo).

Will be available in a few weeks.

PM if interested, I can go out and take some pictures...

:lol:

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow. Unbelievable deal. These are worth a lot more than the prices you're asking. Especially with free worldwide shipping??? Crazy.

;ol;

If I didn't just spend a bunch on my new Aero I would have bought these in a heartbeat for our SportCombi.

#3 ·
People here need to realize that the OP is selling EURO SPEC AFL headlights, which in my opinion, are highly desired in US/CA market because they DON'T HAVE ORANGE REFLECTORS!!! In other words, you don't have to open your headlights to paint the stupid orange reflectors. ;ol;

I don't expect these to last long on here...

Seen here:

#6 · (Edited)
Too low...???

Cheers guys,

I don't know how much they'd be worth, but put up what I'd thought was reasonable. So I think I got myself in a bit of a mess with half a dozen PMs and "I'll take-it", due to the perceived (too) low price. :confused:

Did not really want to start an auction here, but not sure how to make it otherwise.

Before putting or accepting any offers, I'll take some pictures, but for sure there are NO orange reflector.

That won't happen until tomorrow after my early friday bike ride (Tbird 1600)...

So please stand-by until tomorrow.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, just had no idea they were so sought after... ;oops:

#10 ·
Can u confirm something about these lights. I had read that the adaptive xenon units don't have the 3 yellow LED's working on the side in any countries other than the US & Canada. Do the side yellow LED's work on these? Cuz my shop said the car won't pass inspection without the side LED parking lights being operative. Aand also are they LHD or RHD? Thanks buddy.

#11 ·
Should be sleeping but can't... The 3 yellow position LEDs inside the head light are NOT working, afaik this is true for all countries outside NA. It's weird though, the 3 rear red LEDs inside the rear lights work and that look cool, imo. A while back I followed a thread here trying to establish if the yellow LEDs are actually mounted, just not activated, as I can see some kind of fixture and possibly the yellow LED units inside, but that seems not possible.

The lights are RHD... Hmmmm, maybe I should check that the new ones from NeoBros are the RHD before letting the old go. Normally, I'd keep them but we are shortly relocating and are in a "reduce" phase...

In any case, I'll keep you posted, pictures coming tomorrow.

#15 · (Edited)
Left head light

This is the RIGHT headlight that was taken off a totalled vert by my dealer. I paid some 300 USD for this one alone a year ago.
This one is as good as they get, imho, Very Good condition, all working, incl levelling and turn direction (adaptive)...
(Old was replaced due to a slightly cracked upper outer plastic mount arm hole.)

Attachments

#16 ·
Right Head Light

This the original OEM version with 44kkm.

You can see the top edge scratches from previous owner's auto wash. This looks worse in the dark, hardly noticeable in day light. Also some signs of sanding (micro-pitting) on the front glass, again looks worse in the dark due to the contrast. Can provide daylight pics tomorrow (dark here now)...

Everything works, including turning headlights, auto-levelling etc, except the 3 yellow position LEDs (that are not EU spec.)

Attachments

#18 ·
...and anyways, what exactly is Right Hand Drive, in this context?

It does not make sense to me that if you have the cars Driving on the Right Hand side of the road that you would send out an huge amount to the left, blinding the opposite vehicle?

Or, does it mean the driver sits to the right, and drives on left side of road???

Anyway, the light cutoff is as mentioned at the top in the first picture.

#19 ·
So how do I sell these, if anyone still is interested?

I don't want an auction and don't really care extract the last few dollars from this sale.

I think I will let SAABalingus have the first go, as he was one of the first to PM me and has also done a great deal for us, the SAAB community on this forum.

If he is not interested I will simply continue go down the PM list in order the requests arrived...

Hope no-one is offended by that...

Cheers!

#20 ·
Sale cancelled!

Was fully committed to this sale, however, as NeoBros had sent me the wrong new headlights (LHD iso RHD), and I am in the process of resolving this with them. :eek:

Very silly of me not checking the part number on the new ones until now, but for now the sale is off, unfortunately. :cry:

12846282, 83 wanted
12846280, 81 delivered
= problem!

#21 ·
Was fully committed to this sale, however, as NeoBros had sent me the wrong new headlights (LHD iso RHD), and I am in the process of resolving this with them. :eek:

Very silly of me not checking the part number on the new ones until now, but for now the sale is off, unfortunately. :cry:

12846282, 83 wanted
12846280, 81 delivered
= problem!
No sweat. That stinks that you've had them 2 years, and never checked the part #'s were right. You think Neo is gonna help u this long after? Hopefully they work with u on it. Let me know how it goes, if they swap em for u I'd still take the old ones. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.