SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my AMC went bad, it got water one when the sunroof was left open... Any way I bought a good used one and tried to add it... the tech 2 told me it couldn't be added because it was used... I ran the codes on it and I got a U1601 71... Cant find a solution for it.

More specifically it says this ACM has been configure, it can NOT be reconfigured. It is not configured for this vehicle.

Im also getting a code... B0116 04 deployment cut off switch... This car doesn't have one.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plug under the passenger seat did have some corrosion on it, I cleaned them and reconnected it. Before that it had 1601-71 but when I cleaned it that code went away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem on my 2007 9-3 2.0T. I had to replace driver air bag and the ACM due to a collision. I have a B 0116 code showing up (battery cutoff switch), but this car never had this switch on the battery. Were you ever able to clear this code and reset the airbag?

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
You have to add battery cutoff module or replace ACM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to the boneyard and removed an ACM from a 2008 that did not have a battery cutout switch. Put this into my 2007 and the airbag system is working. No more airbag light. Thanks for the help. Now here is the strange thing.. The ACM that I just installed from the 2008 that corrected the problem had the exact same part number (12771237) and service number (W0 582219) as the ACM that I replaced that was giving me the B0116 error. So, you cannot trust the part number on the ACM to identify with or without battery cutout switch..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts