SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been experiencing a boost issue and idle issue in my 9-3 SS, with the B207R. I've replaced the plugs and gapped them correctly. (BCPR7ES) I think is what they were called. Newish used coilpacks were also installed and the issue, still ensues. To explain more in depth, the idle issue occurs every maybe 15 seconds with a single rough JERK. And it happens intermittently. As far as the acceleration problem it's a little harder to explain but I'll do my best. It seems to only happen under medium-heavy acceleration but between 30-40 and 60-70 mph the power increases then decreases sharply causing it to rock back and forth. Anybody have any idea what the issue could be? Not sure if this is related but I also have this issue where a fluttering whistle noise occurs when approaching higher speeds. (Usually above 60 mph) Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
BCPR7ES spark plugs are incorrect.
Which coils you use? Only original will work.

REFILL FUEL ASAP!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BCPR7ES spark plugs are incorrect.
Which coils you use? Only original will work.

REFILL FUEL ASAP!
Thanks you for replying! Yes lol, this was taken a while back, but I ended up refilling shortly after. But I've been told by several people that those sparks are the right ones, and the coils I have, are genuine saab/Mitsubishi ones

·
Registered
8,418 Posts
Your owner's manual will have the correct plug. Offhand, they are PFR6T, but don't quote me on that. If you don't have your manual, you can find PDF versions online. Don't take someone's word "these are the right plugs". The BCPR7ES are okay for the B235 engine, not the B207.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
As aerojon said For the spark plugs.
as for boost, u should have the car smoke tested for leaks.
but out of curiosity, since ur car is 07+, look around the bypass valve (not the solenoid) do u see oil traces ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts