SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experience a delay when depressing the acceleration pedal? The engine seems to kick in after about half a second or so even when you have the pedal pressed down...it's particularly pronounced when peeling out from a complete stop.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
sakamuras said:
Anyone experience a delay when depressing the acceleration pedal? The engine seems to kick in after about half a second or so even when you have the pedal pressed down...it's particularly pronounced when peeling out from a complete stop.
What model year and gearbox?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Early models with auto boxes had a lag that was commented on by some road testers and owners. I believe an autobox / ECU software update fixed it, hence my question about gearbox and model year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an 04 SS Aero automatic.
It seems more pronounced than before. When trying to change lanes from a complete stop, it's becoming a bit scary now...as i feel like i'm going to get hit by the next lane traffic...i get no response, then all of a sudden a huge roar once the engine kicks in. It's automatic...but same as when you're pushing really hard on 1st gear on a manual. It really feels like something wrong with the computer, but perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
sakamuras said:
It's an 04 SS Aero automatic.
It seems more pronounced than before. When trying to change lanes from a complete stop, it's becoming a bit scary now...as i feel like i'm going to get hit by the next lane traffic...i get no response, then all of a sudden a huge roar once the engine kicks in. It's automatic...but same as when you're pushing really hard on 1st gear on a manual. It really feels like something wrong with the computer, but perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me.
YOu should check with your dealer to see if there is a software patch for the auto box in your car. The 03s and early 04s were a bit like a new release of Windows, needing Saab not so critical updates once in a while to keep them in tip top operating condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts