SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air conditioner was not working at all. I took it in for an A/C recharge, and it seemed to be working for a few days. Now, it is blowing cold air on the passenger side and in the rear, but not on the drivers side. It is blowing extremely hot air on the drivers side. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Press AUTO and OFF at the same time to get a diagnostic then get back to us. You are hoping for 0.............00 on the display, but i suspect you're gonna get something like 1...........13.:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kermit...

Thanks for your response.
I got an error message. 1..................8. :cry:

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
1..................8 = stepping motor, air mixing flap right or left hand side loose.

Flap Loose. Note: May set if not calibrated.

Fault symptoms

Experienced temperature is too low compared to the set temperature. The cabin temperature cannot be adjusted on the right/left side.

Conditions
The following conditions apply:

• When the control module runs the stepping motor towards an end position and the stepping motor continues more than 20% past the expected end position, the diagnostic trouble code for loose flap is set.
• The diagnostic trouble code can be set if the control module has not been calibrated.
• Continuous monitoring and when calibrating.

Have a look at this thread, somebody else had the same problem and there is a cheapish cure for this problem. :cool:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42046&highlight=ACC+problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts