SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
have an issue with MY01.
had issues with climate control sometimes not blowing hot air and getting stuck , not allowing to change air distribution ACC calibration displayed fault codes 08 and 11. The car was fixed in an authorised Saab workshop , they told me they have replaced one of the motors as well as a broken arm, however i was told that i need a new heater box, for that the entire interior has to come apart. :suprised;
So now when i try to calibrate i get no error codes, the air distribution works perfectly, on the passenger side the temperature can be adjusted, but on the driver side it will only blow cold no matter what i do. :cry:
is there a way that does not involve the shop charging 12 h. labour to fix this issue? :confused:

Any suggestions ? :confused:

Thank You

Jay

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
your blend door doesn't work on driver side, on my own i will return at the workshop for having the job doing correctly...
anyway see this video maybe it helps you a bit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your blend door doesn't work on driver side, on my own i will return at the workshop for having the job doing correctly...
anyway see this video maybe it helps you a bit
I have very little understanding on how my ACC system operates, so i ask , is there anything that can be done besides replacing the heater box which involves dismantling the interior ?

thank You and sorry for my incompetence in this subject

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
No problem it could be a little bit complicated with ACC issues.
understand the passenger side and driver side isn't the same they are separated for mixing and temperature control.
it's more easier to repair the passenger side than driver side, you have more room and parts are accessible.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
upper left you have the passenger side view and upper right the driver side view
on driver side you can see two stepping motors they are independent from the passenger side. they are on a really tight space between steering column.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
solved

i have taken my Saab to a shop for for an installation of new heater box, the interior was taken apart and it took 3 days , but now it works great, thank you all for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.