SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,
Not a new owner, but first time poster...
Anyhow, my acc fan controller recently decided that it was finished working, and my fan began to blow full blast all of the time. I did some searching through the forums and figured it was the controller under the glove box. So, I have the new part in hand and have the glove box removed. I can see the old one hiding in there, but I can't quite remove the plug at the end of the cable from its mounting in the car. I'm sure this would be easier with that duct out of the way, but I'm not seeing an obvious way of removing it. As I type this, it's cold, dark, a bit late, and I'm a bit frustrated. This sounds like a recipe for me breaking some random fragile plastic bits. I've given up for the night, and it'll probably be painfully clear what I need to do tomorrow, but could someone humor me and tell me how that air duct running behind the glove box is held in place? It was 20 degrees F on my drive to work this morning, so I'm rather excited about the prospect of having a heated car again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
forum thread links

earthworm said:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=382099

Hope this helps:cheesy:
The air ducts that I have encountered are easy to move/remove.
They are light, flexible, need little support and are a friction fit.
Hi again earthworm.
Some of the links that are on that thread are now disabled, and I believe the description some of them had might've been really usefull for me to diagnose the fan not working. Do you know of any place else I might find some more detailed info on troubleshooting, to narrow down what to look for, and where and how to fix or replace whatever it is that I need?
Thanks for listening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts