SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The backlight display on the ACC gave up the ghost today. no problems prior. just didn't light up today. The ACC still works and you can see the display letters, but that won't be possible at night. Any ideas about how to fix this? is there a bulb that can be easily replaced or does it require a new unit. The car is a 2000 SE w/ 78,600miles.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Just a bulb... one p/n 4383782 for the LCD backlight, three p/n 4868725 for the buttons. If you pry out one of the button blanks below, you can stick a finger up and push the ACC out. then carefully pull off the wiring connector on the back. Bulbs are accessible from the back.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Just a bulb... one p/n 4383782 for the LCD backlight, three p/n 4868725 for the buttons. If you pry out one of the button blanks below, you can stick a finger up and push the ACC out. then carefully pull off the wiring connector on the back. Bulbs are accessible from the back.

sorry for reviving an old thread.
I'm just puzzled. I have a 2002 9-3se. I ordered those bulbs from thesaabsite and the three small ones don't fit the ones I have!
does the 2002 have special bulbs?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
here's a pic of what i have.

the small one is what i received and the big on is what's on my car.
did they send me the wrong part?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes. I just replaced my bulbs last night with an old ACC I had from the car when i bought it. The larger bulb on the right is correct. Mine is a 2002 also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts