SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Saabers...im coming to my wits end. I have the online WIS, I've replaced the compressor, switched out ECU and always the same result. I have an 04 9-3 Linear 2.0t and it runs so well except I live in TX and the AC stops. You can turn on the car and let the fan blow all day. The compressor comes on and runs for about 15 seconds then stops without preamble. You can turn the car off and restart it and it will do it again. leave it on and the compressor will NOT come on again. Where is the relay controlling this? Any switches I may wanna test? I am baffled and in Texas not driving the car for three months now. however ive replaced compressor, serpentine belt, intake upper hose. I have the AC gauges so what are the "Normal" pressure reading I should be getting 2hen compressor is or isn't running. respond here or by email to dstewart1470 at gmail ASAP

Thank you!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sounds familiar. My previous one did this, a lot. Was a bad ECU that kept kicking the compressor relay off.

Here's a band-aid work around I used that powered the compressor any time the engine was running.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Check your cooling fan relay. I had same issue. I could drive with a OBD2 scanner hooked up, and if I hit the 'reset codes' button (even though there were no codes present), the AC would start up again and run for 15 seconds, then back out again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts