SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i was driving to work today and made my daily morning stop at 7/11 for some coffee, when i got out i noticed a “hissing” noise from the front, i blew it off for the moment came out of 7/11 and it was still doing it and even at my job when i parked i still heard it. Sounds like its right behind my PS headlight. And now my ac blows hot and i cant even hear it kick on. What should i go about checking since the ac was perfect yesterday and ive has a compressor seize before so i dont think its bad. I do have a aftermarket front mount which caused me to move the ac condenser back. So basically im reading all these horror storries about bad compressors and stuff and honestly dont want to dish out 1000+ on an ac unit, so im just looking for anyones honest feedback based on personal experience. And if it is a line or condenser anybody got any idea on sourcing a cheap one haha

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
That hissing is your refrigerant leaking out. A rock hit it or since you moved it it was in a stressed position and something finally gave way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts