SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when driving down the freeway at around 65-75mph with the AC on, i can feel a pretty good bump when the compressor kicks on. as its going through it's cycles, i can feel it kick on each time. is this normal to feel this like that? other than that the car seems to be driving fine, and the AC is blowing cold too. i just want to know if i should be worried.

matt

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I'm not sure whether yours is worse than mine. I am definitely aware of when mine comes on, but it's a pretty subtle bump. I almost always notice it though.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, its a noticable bump, just wanted to make sure its not so abnormal..

hey busa boy, do you ride as well? i have a TL myself.

matt

·
Registered
304 Posts
orange57 said:
when driving down the freeway at around 65-75mph with the AC on, i can feel a pretty good bump when the compressor kicks on. as its going through it's cycles, i can feel it kick on each time. is this normal to feel this like that? other than that the car seems to be driving fine, and the AC is blowing cold too. i just want to know if i should be worried.
Mine is so smooth when it kicks in and off that for a long time I did not know that the compressor was cycling. In my other car I use air conditioning very rarely so that I assumed that you had to push air button to activate the compressor. I would drive with a set temperature without realizing that under some circumstance the compressor would come on. I hate when I find myself being an idiot.;oops:And I know that the compressor is working because it is blowing cold air.

Ta-ta, janusz

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
At 65-75 mph I don't notice the AC kicking in, except for maybe a quick little dimming of the dash lights at night (just like when I operate my windows). Sitting at a standstill though, I get a blip in the RPMs when the AC kicks on. Its understandable to feel the AC compressor engage though, its a decent load to add onto the engine. I do feel the engine lag when I accelerate while the AC is running.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car(1999 SAAB 9-3SE) has similar thing. Every time the compressor kicks in, there's a bump. It happens maybe every other 7~8 seconds and last for around 2~3 seconds. Feels like something is taking power away from the engine..

I put to neutral, hit the gas to 2000rpm, when AC kicks in, it drops to 1500rpm and goes back.

People in Patrick Motors cleaned the throttle body and solved the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts