SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am going to be replacing the low (dark blue) and high pressure (pink) hoses from the compressor, also the low pressure hard line that has the pressure reading valve (light blue) and the dryer (green).

I am going to renew all the o-rings. From what I can gather I will need the following:

#8 on diagram - #4318051 - qty: 2 (I assume the o-ring not picture but at the location circled in green is this part # too?)

#10 on diagram - #4318044 (16 x 13mm) - qty: 1

#9 on diagram - #30541941 (13 x 10mm) - qty: 2

#34 on diagram - #4073978 - qty: 2

Not labelled on diagram (circled in red) - #4542346 (9 x 7mm)- qty: 2 (Jim Ellis shows this to be the right part #, eEuro only lists it for the 9-3 but also for dryer in/out)

#7 on diagram - #4318028 (10 x 8mm) - qty: 1

Does it looked like I over looked anything? Does anyone know the dimensions for #8 (4318051) and #34 (4073979)? And can any one confirm that the o-rings that aren't shown/labelled are in fact the ones I believe them to be.
Red circled: #4542346
Green circled: #4318051

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Gotcha. I was worried because I did the same thing, trying to track down all the seals, then when I got my package from EEuro, the lines had seals too. ;oops:

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This is what I came up with after downloading a copy of the EPC and looking online.

Seems like the green circled o-ring and #8 are the same. I'm a little wary of the sizes since I saw numerous ones posted. Does anyone know if the dryers are likely to come with any o-rings?

·
Registered
18,908 Posts
Jake:

I know that the last time I ordered o-rings from eeuro they sent the wrong ones. They also didn't label anything, so I can't tell you which ones were even wrong... I only know that only a couple out of the pile fit. I ended up down at the dealer buying rings. So, give it a shot, but it's only a shot IMO with them. Unfortunately I don't recall if any parts came with them (like the dryer).

If you're doing all that work, I might do the expansion valve too. They do tend to wear over time, and if you have it all opened up it might be the time to put one in.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bob, I ended up ordering from RMEuropean total of the o-rings came to $1.99 vs. about $25 at eEuro, though I did spend about another $70 on other stuff to get free shipping. I know what you mean about the lack of labeling, I just checked a bunch of o-rings I ordered for my engine rebuild (in case I needed any more while I was placing an order) and none of them are labelled, fortunately they are different colors quantities but I still cant tell which one is for my oil pickup and which one is for the CPS :roll:
If the drier comes with them I guess I will have extra's, was only curious since the pressure switch/drier ones were out of stock at eEuro.
I will keep in mind about the expansion valve, though last year before my leak it was working fine, and the one on my parts car was good when that was running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts