SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the 2006 aero convertible. When I put the top up, it automatically turns on the fan and the AC at full blast. I would prefer that nothing come on if possible when I put the top on or start the car with the top up. I've been fiddlign with the profiler and reading the manual, but can use assistance if anyone knows how to modify the settings. Thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you with the exception of the drop top. The wife dislikes getting into the car and have the air blast to achieve the temperature set the day before.
No doubt it is a default setting, but I've not found a simple solution.
I'm also interested in the replies you get.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You can adjust the 'Auto Fan Speed' setting to low. This will force the auto climate to use a lower fan speed in its attempt to rapidly cool/heat the interior.

You can also adjust the 'A/C Auto' setting to 'Disabled'. This will disable the automatic engagement of the A/C compressor when in 'Auto' mode.

Personally, when the temperature is in the range where I'd really rather the windows open than the A/C or Heat cranked, I think the easiest solution is to just manually override the climate control. All it takes is one tap of the fan control and it will stay where you set it (and for 2-3 hours after you shut down the car). As the climate control is engaging it ramps-up the fan speed, so if you tap it just after you've started the car it will be at a low fan speed already. At least, that's how it works on an '06. Not sure about '07+ with the new dials.

I don't think there's a way to completely disable the Auto climate control on startup.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I agree it is a pain, I dislike having Customize on the display when i change a setting.

also I am too scared to touch any buttons in case the black starts peeling off!!! :eek: :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts