SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, the 2 fans operate as such:

1. When the thermoswitch engages, only the radiator fan comes on, regardless of ignition position
2. When the AC switch is turned on, both AC and radiator fans come on, regardless of compressor switching cycle.

But if I look at pg 371-18 and 371-119 of the Bentley manual, it looks as if in scenario (1) above, BOTH fans should come on.

Looking at the lower right hand corner of pg 371-18, the AC fan relay (component 155) seems to be operated via pin 5 if it is energised by the AC switch OR via pin 3, if the thermoswitch (component 396) is engaged.

Does anyone have a different way of reading the schematic?

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
jameschong said:
Currently, the 2 fans operate as such:

1. When the thermoswitch engages, only the radiator fan comes on, regardless of ignition position
2. When the AC switch is turned on, both AC and radiator fans come on, regardless of compressor switching cycle.

But if I look at pg 371-18 and 371-119 of the Bentley manual, it looks as if in scenario (1) above, BOTH fans should come on.
When I was under the bonnet of mine t'other day, engine running, nice and warm, only one fan was kicking in-and-out. The second was quiet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts