SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i encountered intermiitant weird lights-{!}; abs; tcs; and then failure of speedo and odometer,followed by engine light while on a trip this last week with my 2001 v6. the car seemed to preform perfectly during this time and I drove it home [totlal trip-about 1800mi.

my indie checked it out and dixcovered the ABS was not communicating with the other systems properly.

new unit over $2500 and rebuilt 1/2 that, but the car down for a week to ten days.

anyone encounter this before??

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sounds like classic ABS module failure. You are right with the price of new one. However, rebuilds are way cheaper than that. I believe BBA Reman will rebuild ABS control module (just the electronics, not the solenoid valves) for around $200. Easy DYI to remove and then while it's out you can drive without it. Do a search for ABS on this board (I know you didn't, otherwise you would have already found tons of posts about this common issue).

Good luck!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I ran into it on an '00 V6. Ended up replacing the ABS unit four times because the first three replacements failed the second the car was turned on.
A lot of the indy shops I've dealt with will order the wrong part number and just put it in anyways, so look out for that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have 1 04 9_5 Arc...
Check your connections at the wheel sensors before you replace the whole ABS unit. I have had mine into the dealership 4 times for the same problem. They actually replaced the whole ABS system under warranty on the 4th trip. Lights came on again. I jacked it up and discovered that I can trigger the lights by wiggling the left rear sensor's plug.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all your info. I've been a little out of touch. indie had the car for 10 days [he had heard you could drive it without the sensor, but was sceptical so I left it there.

seems to work fine now and he said re-build had lifetime warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts