SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Saab, a 1997 900 convertible. Great but for one thing.....the ABS warning light keeps coming on after a while. Anybody know of a quick fix or does it need the specials to look at it? It has been stood for a few months if that makes any difference!:(

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Check each speed sensor at the wheels for security and function.

Rust may be a problem here.
Beware of "quick fixes"..

·
Registered
9 Posts
ABS lights are notoriously temperamental. Mine had never been on and then I took off the right front wheel to get better access to the serp belt. When I put everything back together it came on!! Drove it about 1 mile and it went off, never to reappear (yet at least).

What I'm trying to say is that it is probably a duff/corroded connection on the sensor. Take your wheels off and take a look.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I too would guess that a wheel sensor is to blame. Perhaps rust has built up on the toothed section that actually spins of one or all of them and it's causing a bad reading. Or perhaps a sensor is loose (or mispositioned), or the wiring is problematic, or perhaps the connection right at the ABS unit is not quite as snug as it should be.

So there is a short list of things to check:
1. Spinning toothed section at the wheels
2. Sensors
3. Wiring
4. Connectors

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts