SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 9-3 SE. After having my rear brake lines replaced (and draining the master reservoir while driving it to the shop) two years ago I started getting an ABS "thump thump thump" when applying the brake and speed drops down below 20 mph- pretty much every time I stop. Also, when driving at a constant 20 mph for more than 60 seconds or so (like on a college campus) with no brake application the ABS alarm gongs and the light comes on. It resets after the car is turned off. I haven't been able to identify which wheel is getting the ABS application (I'm assuming it's only one wheel?).

I looked at replacing the sensors- they're available for the front, but I understand they are integral to the hubs on the rear. I'd like to figure out which one may be causing the issue before I just start replacing stuff. At first I was hoping that it was caused by air in the ABS unit, but it continues after I pressure bled the brakes.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Not to slightly hijack the OP's thread, but where do you look for that? In the specific area for that device as usual - like in the ABS system area, or is there a special storage for stored errors?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Jack up the front end of the car and check the reluctor rings, if the car sat for a period of time they tend to crack and separate causing such issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts